9.21.2010

writer's block, photo shoots, oblivious runners, hiking, and a partridge in a pear tree.


I have a fantastic amount of writer's block.... maybe my writer has been blocked for four months or so....since May maybe.  

I did not even know what to write about for this, my first post since my writer was unblocked. 
 But then, inspiration struck. 
 Like a ton of pool balls.  

So in May, Husband and I went to Hawaii.  
We went to do a little modeling photo shoot on the beach. 
 We do stuff like that.  
Craziest thing happened.
Right before we went to down to the water for our photo shoot our entire plan was foiled.
Apparently these two characters had the same idea.



I'm really glad the waves weren't any bigger.  
I would have hated if she had been knocked over.  
Especially while she wasn't looking.  



In the interest of full disclosure, I wasn't really going to do a photo shoot on the beach.  
That'd be silly.
That's also not the reason we went to Hawaii.

We went to see our friends A and A get married.
That's A and A.  
And their photographer.  
And an oblivious, sweaty, running man.  


Oh, I would be remiss if I did not mention the other reason we went to Hawaii.  
To do some scary hiking.  
If you know me, you know I detest love hiking. 
 And by love I mean it makes me want to vomit and also die.  
Also, it makes me cry.  
Like a baby.  
But that is only because I feel like dying. 
 And falling of the side of a mountain to my death is a scary thought.  
So while we were on this hike I was doing okay and only sort of feeling like dying.  
Then it started to rain.  
So I started to cry. 
 Because when it rains,  it gets muddy and then it gets slippery.  
And when it gets slippery its so much scarier, you know cause you can easily slip off the mountain and fall to your death.
This is after the rain.  
Also after the crying. 
 But before the after- hike drinks that were required to soothe the nerves.  
There must always be after- hike drinks.  
Cheers to my last hike!
(And by last I mean, the last one I shall ever do...unless you are speaking of a hike in terms of a slow walk along a wide meandering path...then I may consider the hike...but only if there is after-hike wine)



Unrelated to the great photos above.
Husband thinks you need a full update on what I've done (with pictures) the last 4 months.
Yes, no?

1 comment:

  1. i agree with husband. i need full updates. also i'm thrilled to see you're "back in the saddle again" as far as your blog is concerned. i am thouroughly amused with the couple who had the modeling shoot and also with the jogger who ran behind a & a's wedding photos. hi-larious.
    love-ww

    ReplyDelete