4.12.2010

Neighbors and Excuses.


Yesterday I met my neighbor. Well, two of my neighbors. My closest neighbors, actually. Though they did not tell me their names. Probably because they cannot actually speak.



Things went well initially--they ignored me. Then the big one...lets call her Jane, started stomping and snorting.




I bid Jane and Patrick (her furry little buddy...also a completely
made-up name) farewell before things got ugly. Maybe I should bring treats with me next time. I guess that is SOP when meeting any neighbors... bring food.


So while I was working hard at spreading cheer and goodwill to our neighbors, Jane and Patrick, Husband was actually working hard. (That could be an ad, couldn't it...for an Acme brand truck, since I so cleverly cut off the hood ornamentation)




So Husband (who quickly tires of me taking pictures of him working) drives over to our hideous eyesore of a shed and gets the lawnmower out for the first time this season. And says
"Hey wife, want to learn how to drive the lawnmower?" To which I reply, "I most certainly do not, thank you." (because then I will not have an excuse for not cutting the grass)



And that's how i ended up driving the lawnmower yesterday. Those are my pretty red toenails. Not Husbands. And now i have no excuse.




Excuse me while I go lie down. I'll be on my front porch swing...thinking up excuses to not cut the grass.


2 comments:

  1. I think Jane and Patrick seem nice. Maybe they just didn't like you taking their pictures. I'm impressed that you cut the grass because you have a lot of grass to cut. Good job WW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no no no no no. There is no grass cutting. you give me too much credit. And thanks for being my first blog comment ever!

    ReplyDelete